Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sad News: Hannah Garman has died

Gregory Mussmacher, Sad News: Hannah Garman has died.



Sad News: Hannah Garman has died
Tonight at 5:45 Hannah went home to be with Jesus. She was surrounded by family & passed peacefully. Right now I’m pretty exhausted. It’s been a long day. Please pray for the family & me over this tough time.
Darin

Christ Jesus, most merciful Saviour,
Hear our prayers as we gather in Your name
We commend this child into Your arms of mercy.
Hannah Garman has been a blessing to all who knew her.

She brought laughter, warmth, and comfort to many
And in the moments when her father, Darin, and others showed despair
Hannah provided a noble message of hope and promise,
in her unfailing conviction that her life here may be limited
but is by no means final.

Grant comfort and strength to those who gather here now,
dedicating their lives to the care of others,
who often must face life as it moves to shadows.
Embrace them with Your eternal love
through everything they do.

Thank you for the love we would never have known,
but for Hannah's brief days with us.
May the angels and the saints surround Hannah
and welcome her with joy.

Lord God, we commend this child to Your everlasting care.

In the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen


http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/hannahgarman

Arrangements are made. The viewing will be Friday night & the funeral will be Saturday, all at our home church, Middle Creek Church of the Brethren.
As I spent time today reading the hundreds of responses, I was again overwhelmed. Through the tears, I realized that I have had a lot of help the last 7 months & to guide me through this rough week. My biggest thank-you goes to my parents who really put their life on hold for the last 7 months to care for my precious Hannah. I know I wouldn't have been able to handle everything without all the love & sacrifice they've given to Hannah & myself. I just hope that I can be the same parent to my children that they have been to me.
I would also like to thank everone of you out there that have prayed, sent cards, gifts & inspirational messages to our entire family throughout this ordeal. It's hard to put into words how much of a blessing this has been for our family. I would like to thank our ministry team & our church body for their constant support & numerous meals they have given to us. Thanks also go out to our great EMS crews for their wonderful rally for Hannah over Christmas. Hannah really enjoyed the evening & loved the avalanche of cards they started. We continued to get cards every week & she ended up with around 170000.
Sometimes, when I start to wonder why, I realize that God has already revealed part of his plan to me. I see it in the thousands of lives Hannah has touched. She has touched more lives positively in just a short time than a lot of people will in a lifetime. Hopefully, we can all learn from a 5-year-old girl & all be a better person in this world. Yesterday was really rough as Hannah's condition rapidly changed. I know that she is in a better place & is painfree, but it's still really hard watching a loved one pass away. Please continue to pray for me & the family as we go through the next few weeks & especially the next few days. Also keep me in your prayers as June 30th is the 3rd anniversary of my wife's death.
I'll finish on a positive note. The last few hours of Hannah's life, most of what she said wasn't understandable. About 5:00 she said "momma" as plain as day. I just know that my wife & Jesus were waiting for her with open arms to come to them & she had a brief glimpse of that before she passed on.

DarinSphere: Related Content

No comments: