Thursday, May 21, 2009

Devotion to Mary

Gregory Mussmacher, Whatever you do, think not of yourself, but of God. -- St. Vincent Ferrer


Devotion to Mary in Proficients
TAKEN FROM THE THREE AGES OF
THE INTERIOR LIFE
Fr. Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange, OP
with Imprimatur and Nihil Obstat, 1948

THE ESSENTIAL CONSECRATION

O Eternal and Incarnate Wisdom! O most amiable and adorable Jesus,
true God and true Man, I thank Thee for having annihilated Thyself,
taking the form of a slave, to draw me from the slavery of the devil.
... I have recourse to the intercession of Thy most holy Mother,
whom Thou hast given me as a Mediatrix. By this means I hope to
obtain from Thee contrition and the pardon of my sins, the
acquisition and preservation of wisdom.

Hail, Immaculate Mary, Queen of Heaven and earth, to whom everything
under God is subject. Hail, safe Refuge of sinners, whose mercy fails
no one; hear and grant my desires for Divine wisdom, and to that
end receive the vows and offerings that my baseness presents to thee.

I, an unfaithful sinner, today renew and ratify in thy hands my Baptismal vows.
I forever renounce Satan, his works and pomps, and I give myself completely
to Jesus Christ, Incarnate Wisdom, to carry my cross after Him all the days
of my life. And that I may be more faithful to Him than I have been hitherto,
I choose thee, O Mary, for my mother. I give and consecrate to thee
my body and soul, my interior and exterior goods, and the very value
of my good works past, present, and future. Present me to thy Son and
grant me the grace to obtain true wisdom from God, and for that purpose
to place myself in the number of those whom thou dost love, teach, lead,
feed, and protect. O faithful Virgin, render me in all things so perfect
a disciple and imitator of Incarnate Wisdom, Jesus Christ, thy Son,
that by thy intercession and example, I may attain to the plenitude of
His age on earth and His glory in Heaven. Amen.Sphere: Related Content

No comments: